Sunday, January 29, 2017

Notebook Playtime

I have been playing with my color crayons, colored pencils, and pencils, while I watch television, at night.  It calms me and allows me to sit through the new.  

At present, I am knitting pink caps at night, so my scribbling (and you will see that some of it is really scribbling)has been left to late afternoon.  I have been experimenting with crayons, and then going in with colored pencils on top of the crayon.  It has been partially effective, but it definitely casts a slight haze on my creation.

Also, I am taking an online class from one of my favorite Teachers, Susan Rubin, on Craftsy.  If you are interested in taking an online class on Colored Pencil Essentials, this is definitely the place to go. 

So, here is what I have been up to this month.

Every Artist needs to practice.  This is my practice sheet.
Since I have some issues with my dominant hand, this practice
was challenging for me.  Still, I learned quite a bit by doing it.




Hey, not all of what I do is good.  Some is simply playing.
It can turn out quite badly, but I am practicing some skills
or just noodling.  It's all fun




I was just scribbling on this one as well.  Nothing specific,
just playing around with pine tree needles in another way.

My friend gave me the sketch book that I have been using.  When I showed her
what I was doing, she fell in love with this particular piece.  This is a sketch from a
photo that I took, years ago.  It is in colored pencil and I have been playing with it for months.
I just continue to go back and add a bit here and there.
I think that this piece will end up in Canada, with my friend.


So, that is it for this month.  I just wanted to share what I am doing on a daily basis.  Nothing is screaming at me to do right now, and company is coming, so playtime will be limited.  However, I will share more goodies next month.

Until then, make it the best day that you can.  I have been getting quite worked up over political issues in the past few weeks, but I have faith, that Karma will do it's work and some of the craziness will come to a halt.  I am always for good change, but not hateful change.  So, think kind thoughts, and try to extend a hand of friendship, where ever you can.  We don't know each others stories, but a smile goes a long way in this world.   See you soon.  
  

No comments: