Wednesday, January 25, 2017

In the Pinkish for February!

PINK  
The color combination of white and red becomes pink.  This color seems appropriate after picking White & Red in the past two blog posts.  It also seems to be just the right combination for this month, as we head into Valentines.  

My heart goes out to all the women in Pink this month.  Politics are not a part of this blog, but to see so many women standing together, made my heart leap.  It is a good thing, when we stand together in peace and harmony.  It is a good thing when we are out in this universe, with our art and blogs and working quietly to change the world for the better...to be noticed and heard.  It is a comfort.

So, with that in mind, I hope that you have family, friends and "loves" around the universe, that you can shower with love this month, and going forward.  Don't wait to tell them....let them know with Valentines, e-mails, phone calls, and letters. Yes, let them know just what they mean to you and your life.

I am also going to share a bit of a trip that we took before the Holidays, to Cuba.  I had no idea what to expect, but it far exceeded my expectations.  That is not to say that it is a perfect place.  No, it is in it's imperfections, that it touched my soul.  With it's infrastructure crumbling and struggles of survival, the people are vibrant, talented, individuals.  The art...the buildings....the warmth of the breezes and yes, the cars, brought delight.

So, without further ado, I will share a mixture of Cuba and Pink.

As for some art, I will tuck in a photo of one of my pink pieces.  I have more work completed, but have not transferred the photos to my computer.  I may just pop in twice this month, if I get lucky.

Happy Valentines Day! 

 


The Cubans take great pride in their Automobiles.
This one was perfect in Pink!


Of course, there were other colors, if you had a preference!





Entering the port of Havana, in the early morning.


Art in the Central Square - one of my favorite sculptures.

We had the pleasure of hearing many outstanding, choral groups.
Much of our day was spent with Government guides,
wanting to show us the best of Cuba.
With our own eyes, we could see between the lines.




A view as entered Havana. 



The National Ballet Company.



Behind many buildings, there was simply nothing....
This building was being restored with Unesco funds, as it is a fine
example of the original and historic, Spanish Architecture.




With some exceptions, much of the art was political.
(Castro died about a week after our visit.)



A change of direction,  after Cuba
These are bougainvillea, planted in our outdoor pots.
Just a hint of pink in this delicate flower.


A birthday gift; this Cactus just started to flower !





Our Hibiscus bush is always happy and full of pink blooms!




HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!




I believe that this is a Japanese dogwood.
I completed two of these from the same cartoon.
One is in Watercolor and one in Colored Pencil.
Can you guess which one this is?





























No comments: