Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Magnolias in bloom

No doubt that you are checking this blog, rather infrequently.  That is okay…. as it means that you are busy and that I am busy.  Blogging is changing.  I don't have anything to sell you, only the gift of beauty.  I do not have a religious, political, or financial reason for doing this….only the love of nature.  For me, every day is Earth Day, and if I can share that with you,and you can enjoy it, then I am happy.  With you, I will share my photography today.  Magnificent Magnolias...




I took a morning walk, before the rain came.
The Magnolia tree is in full bloom!
I wanted to share this with you, as it is so unique
to the Southern states.  It's beauty cannot be matched
(in my humble opinion)


…just enjoy…





each stage lasts about a day



As the Magnolia ages, it mellows
to a soft pinkish tone.



I love the soft pink tone of this stage, don't you?



Then, it turns to a soft brown,
before the leaves drop off.



Leaving an interesting core.





2 comments:

Gail said...

I have not looked at your website often but when I do I LOVE your artwork or photography. Isn't that what a blog is for . . . to share your personal passion? You have taught me to look at a magnolia flower more carefully and to appreciate the beauty in all of its stages. Thanks for sharing.

Dale @Savvy_Spice said...

This is the first time I've been to your site, but I really like how honest you are right away and I love the beautiful photo of the magnolia. I wish they had them here in Switzerland. :)

xoDale
www.savvyspice.com