Monday, August 27, 2012

Too much of a good thing...

What a wild weekend.  Sometimes, things just all happen at the same time....good things.  However, when that happens, I find that I can get overwhelmed from the 'too much of a good thing'.

Yesterday, I helped to give a shower for a dear friend.  It was so much fun to celebrate "joy" in shades of pink.  Really, it was not a baby shower....but a bridal shower.  How much fun we all had putting it together.  I was in charge of the cupcakes (which, I must confess, I do not make with my allergy to wheat).  I forged ahead and I had a lot of fun making them.  Of course, the recipe made lots more than mentioned, so there were oodles to share with guests and friends.

Now, we are preparing our kitchen for a remodel.  Yes, it is finally time, after years of wishing for it.  It will be a simple one, but....BUT....  I have to clean out the entire kitchen and box it all up, as they are taking out the cabinets.  Crazy, for sure, but we are going for it.  Sweet Hubby is helping at every turn, and we are getting it done.  The kitchen is a wreck and bare all over.  I plan to save a few dishes and pots for last minute cooking and eating, but most everything is either in boxes, or is being thrown out (how many plastic containers does one kitchen need??)or given away.  

So, I am taking a bit of time out and sharing more photos from our day at the Botanic Gardens.  I have never seen the lilies in the ponds quite so beautiful.  There were also a few sunflowers that were showing off....just a bit (sort of 'coy' sunflowers). I will show them next time I blog.

Thanks for your comments....  It keeps me coming back?


perfect day for the lily pond




Up close and personal
leaves and pod




Lush purples
(I don't know what that stuff is on the pad)




Pink, in all it's glory

3 comments:

emily j. cole said...

I think water lilies are one of my favorite flowers. So graceful and beautiful!

Best Ten 10 Engineering College India said...

That is very fascinating, You’re a very skilled blogger. I’ve joined your feed and look ahead to in the hunt for more of your wonderful post. Also, I have shared your site in my social networks
Best Ten 10 Engineering College India

emily j. cole said...

(I could have sworn I left a comment on this post, but I guess I didn't!? I meant to!)

Great photos -- I absolutely love water lilies. One of my favorite flowers, and they smell so amazing!

Good luck with your kitchen remodel, hope it's going well! Hope you took 'before' pictures!