Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Hello again....

Hello from my studio.  Yes, the cobwebs did form, during the Olympics.  I just glued myself to the television and enjoyed every moment of this peaceful joining of countries and athletics.

It gives me hope and faith that most people in the world are inherently good, and almost everyone wants to live in peace and harmony with each other. The Olympics (Para Olympics are coming up)also took away some of the light from the Politicians of the world ....who have been gnarly and irritating this year.  

So, please give me a shout out (that would be a comment, in blog language), if you are back with me.  I have been thinking of dropping out of blog land....but if I know that there is any kind of audience out there, I will continue.

Today, I went to class, and we had 'day camp', as our teacher called it.  We went outside and sketched trees with charcoal.  They were rough sketches from trees in the gardens...and we took only about a half hour to work on them.  I loved the immediate feedback of charcoal.  It was fresh and fun (and it had been a long time since I had worked in this medium).

I am working on a graphite project...actually several different projects.  I will share them in the next posts.  

Let me know if you are still out there.... please!

I don't do give aways...or advertising...as I want to keep the blog simple and personal.  If that suits you, let me know.  If you would like something different, let me know that too.  This is a good time for change.



Charcoal Sketch (10x14)
alternate Graphite class
Denver Botanic Gardens

2 comments:

emily j. cole said...

Cynthia, I thoroughly enjoy your blog! Your artwork is beautiful and inspiring! But, I know how challenging a blog can be to maintain. I'm secretly hoping you'll stick around, but I totally 'get it' if you decide not to!

Gail said...

Please stay with the blog.
I get a vicarious thrill from your art work. When you posted the tree on facebook I was prompted to go to your blog - a big help. Perhaps each time you 'blog' you can send a facebook reminder? I always look each week anyway but perhaps you want to only 'blog' once in awhile? I will love it always.