Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Delicious and Delightful

These grapes had just been picked.
Oh, My...they were so delicious...
as were the wines that we tasted
at the AKARUA winery
at Bonnackburn.
(worth the stop, always!)
Just a note.... we never found
a bottle of wine under $30, which
was a bit pricey.  However, we NEVER
had a bad glass of wine.
we LOVED the New Zealand wines.




Holly
My sister used to send us a box
from the Seattle area, each year for the Holidays.

Oh, how I miss that beautiful holly-day treat.


I have no clue what this is.... just so interesting??
Anyone out there know what it might be?





I have seen these on hiking trails
outside of Nederland, Colorado.
I know that they are poisonous.
They were growing on the path (lots of them)
at our lodging in Arrowtown.
I could see a 'fairy garden' tucked in here.





I believe that these were Horse Chestnuts.
That is not something that we see in my
neck of the woods.  I thought that they were
funny, funky, and fun.

No comments: