Monday, January 23, 2012

Busy, Busy

I have been busy, but just not painting.  However, TODAY, I painted for four hours.  We have spent the last week in the garden…..taking out old trees and replacing them with healthy, young ones.  I think that the new trees will provide some great shade, however, it might take a few years to see that (since, we chose a dwarf palm tree, which is only about 4 feet at present).


I also spent a week and a half, working on a long overdue project…… slip covering a chair.  I am pretty proud of the result (but it is a lot more fun to be painting).


I am starting a project of three paintings that will be 5' x 5' squares, once framed.  I am choosing different palm leaves.  These will sit on a ledge, over the bed.  I will take some photos…. once I get further along in the process.


I hope your week is a good one, so far.


Our Palm tree should grow
to provide great shade for both our neighbors
and us :)




This was a big challenge,
but I am happy to have a fresh, new look!

Now, back to some watercolor painting!!

No comments: