Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Humming along....

Not exactly..... humming, that is...... hacking and croaking is more like it, but I am definitely on the mend and my energy is slowly coming back to normal.  Today is a free day.... no obligations, so I am IN the studio and working away. 


 I needed to come and print some photos of the hummingbird  nest I am working on, so I can manage the details accurately.  Here are a few glimpses of the samples that I am working from.  One looks a lot like a pipe, to me.  The other is more of the nest (the one in the box...which is too fragile to take out of the box) with the hummingbird eggs.


I am excited to get back to class and work from the real thing.  I plan to take more photos as I wasn't too thrilled with these.  




This photo is actually turned around
from the way I am drawing it....but it gives
me enough clues to work with the drawing that
I have started..... doesn't it look like a pipe?




This nest is about 3 inches across.
the eggs are about 1.5 mm...just tiny.
The details on this nest are much more to
my liking, so I will incorporate
some of these details in my 'pipe nest'



No comments: