Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Odd's and Ends today...

As you can see, I am finally getting my photos back on line.  We had nothing but trouble yesterday....but eventually (after heading to the Computer Store.... thinking it was fixed .... and then coming home and spending two more hours on the phone....) managed to get everything to work.  Sometimes, computers take up too much of our lives!

Well, it's fixed and that is good...... 



I love the bark of an Aspen Tree.







Other bits of news that probably  will not be important to you but is to me....  I heard from my son today.  He was 'on the road' and is going 'on the road' again..... visiting NYC, and then moving from the Bay area north to Portland.  I don't think our kids realize just how much it means to know that they are happy, healthy and doing okay.  It doesn't have to be great all the time, but okay is good...and knowing that they are okay is even better. Kids do not like Mom's to 'bug' them...so sometimes, we let them "be" for a while (and believe me, it kills me to do that, as I am the best "Helicopter Mom" on this earth!).






Thistle
To me, a beautiful flower



My other son wrote about me in his blog.  He actually listened to a suggestion, tried it and liked it.  Here is what he had to say:


The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Great book recommend by my mother.  I wish I would have read it earlier, but then again it was recommended by my mother and I thought it would be too sappy.  Not true at all.  I love my mom but the sure way for a man not to read something is for his mom to recommend a book.  Even if my mom was Daryl Hannah.



That brings a smile to a Mom's face.  I know.... it has nothing to do with Botanical Illustration.  My life is filled with Art and I love it..... but nothing.... NOTHING.... comes close to the love and passion I have for being a Mom to the two best kids around.


So, lastly, here is my quote from "The Help" which I loved reading and I plan to see next week with two girlfriends.  It is a quote, from the book and in the movie.... and it is meant for every child out there, but, most especially, mine.


"You is Kind.   You is smart.  You is important."  



No comments: