Monday, July 11, 2011

Why. oh why......Does Summer fly by...

I realized that a week had passed since my last blog entry.  What was I doing?  Where is the time going?  Why does the Summer pass so quickly, when those cold months of Winter seem to last forever?  

If you just happened to watch the Woman's Open Golf Tournament on television this weekend, you would know that Colorado is having a few weather interruptions these days. It seems that we are enjoying the most beautiful mornings ever....... and then around 3:00 in the afternoon, the sky darkens, the clouds billow, and the lightening & thunder take over.  We end the day with a torrential rain (gully washer, as we like to call it) and then the sun steps out to say, "Good evening".  

So, I have been out and about in the morning......and by the time I get down to work in the studio.....the lighting is all wrong.  Also, I must admit to some home projects (like steam cleaning all of the carpets....i.e.moving all of the furniture around), some fun outdoors stuff (golf, walking, biking, time with friends) and a few adventures (actually getting to go to the US Woman's Open Golf Tournament in Colorado Springs).  It's my summertime bliss.

I did manage a few days of work last week, so I will let you have a peek......


still working away at the peony



A close up of the work.....



Alas, the flowers have moved on......

No comments: