Friday, July 15, 2011

Getting some work done...

I have been wanting to print out some new cards, and avoiding the process.  It is hard to get the printing done in a cost effective manner, and to have the colors come out just the way I want them. 

 A while ago, I had some printing done and had all of the work put on discs.  However, when I went to re-print from this disc, I had lost some of the information.  It's a long story, but let's just say that the technical expertise at the printers was less than stellar.  However, after having dealt with a BIG NAME printing company and spending over two hours and many, many, many (too many) dollars printing a set of cards, I went back to the less stellar printer, who worked with me on another disc until we were both happy with the result.  This extra service and help came at 1/3rd the cost of the BIG NAME company.  Isn't that interesting?  From here on out, I will work with my new bff at the 'newly stellar' smaller printer.    

Some lessons are learned with a bit more difficulty.  The business side of my art is the hardest part for me.... a continual learning curve, you might say.

I am glad that the weekend is here!

Plus, my new glasses are in, which just might help me with future drawing.  I went retro with big ol' circle glasses...... time to step out and stretch from 'tradition'!!


Finally.......

No comments: