Friday, June 24, 2011

In the Pink

I am in the Pink, with the blooms on our Peony.  It's been three or four years since we have planted it, and the blooms are really starting to come.  I think that they have doubled each year, so this year we are really getting a 'show'.  Of course, the long and cool May weather didn't hurt.  It gave the blooms everything they needed to burst forth, when the Sun finally came out.

Again, a metaphor for life.  Sometimes it takes a lot of cold, hard rain in our lives, to wake us up to the possibilities when the sun does come out.  The sun always comes out at some point..... just as we can expect the rains and hard weather.  It's the holding on.....working hard.... and preparation that allow us to weather the tough times and get through to the sun.

I guess, I am grateful for our beautiful weather this month.  I am praying for all of the people in Minot, who, despite preparation, working hard and sunshine, are going to lose their homes to flooding.  I know that eventually (just like, so many other areas this Spring & Summer) things will get better.   Eventually, all will be "in the Pink".  But for now, there are going to be some really tough times.


I am starting to work on a drawing of our Pink Peony


Here's is a close up


No comments: