Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day at the Mall

What glorious weather we had for Mother's Day....so I wasn't about to stay inside. After wonderful calls from the 'kiddos' in the morning, my Sweet Hubby and I hit the Boulder Mall (recently named the Happiest City in America!). It was absolutely bursting with flowers, trees, our favorite 'rocks' and families. University of Colorado is based in Boulder, and graduation was Friday, so I imagine that there were extra visitors this Sunday.

People were performing.....others were dancing..... others were climbing..... and lining up at the ice cream shop. It's been a long Winter and a long Spring so everyone wanted to be out and about in this good weather.

Here are a few of my favorite places on the Mall (all have to do with different 'rocks' which are placed strategically through out the six blocks or so....).





All ages and stages enjoy some rocking musicians.
the little boy couldn't help himself....he just had to dance!!



Each year thousands of tulips are planted throughout the
length of the Mall. Families actually get portraits taken
when the tulips are in full bloom.


Can you keep a kid from climbing on a rock??
There is a whole area just for
the kids to climb on low rocks.
it's one of the fun memories I remember of my children.
Someday, I will bring my grandchildren to play here


No comments: