Tuesday, February 8, 2011

It's snowing here....on and off....

Winter has settled over the plains of Colorado. It came late to us...with warm temperatures into December, but January and February are proving to be cold and gray. Last night, we had another blast of snow and temperatures were low today. It's a true winter, and after so many years of 'warmish' winters, it's really a change. I do not have a car with great snow shoes (so to speak). I slip and slide all over the place and getting up hills is usually done with a prayer and a lot of luck. It's hard to get things done quickly, which is frustrating.

Oh well, it sure looks pretty!

Today, the sun came out in the late afternoon.
It's a pretty view from the studio.

I haven't really been able to spend a lot of time in the studio.... it gets so cold this time of year, even with the space heater. However, on Fridays, we have our art group and that is usually in someone's warm kitchen. Last week, I brought my watercolors and looked for something to do. I spied a bowl of tomatoes, and decided to paint them on a small 4x6 fabriano watercolor pad. I found a small frame which was laying around the studio and popped that on it...before taking this photo. I think that I gravitated to the tomatoes because of the red and warmth of the color. I did a few quick and freehand watercolors. I will share another tomorrow.



A splash of red for February!

Sweet Hubby is now officially retired. It's definitely going to be a new experience for both of us. We have lots to do, individually, so we are not hanging out together, too much. So far, it's been really nice, and he has a perpetual grin on his face. He is happy to leave the work force behind. We plan to head to the Botanical Gardens in Denver, this week, which will be beautiful. I will take some photos for you when we go.


No comments: