Saturday, February 12, 2011

Inside the Denver Botanic Gardens

I thought that you might enjoy some photos from inside the Botanic Gardens. We spent some time in the new inside area of the gardens, where there is a two story Orchid and Bromeliad display. There is also another new area called the Orangery, where green houses are fronted by an enclosed walkway, filled with Giverney benches and plantings (mostly orchids, but also some cyclamen) along the wall. It is a beautiful new structure and well worth the visit.

Looking up and out of the Windows
inside the tropical plant house


Orchids shine in the new addition of the Gardens


A very large Citron grows in the new greenhouses
It is the size of a grapefruit, and was photographed
through the glass.


Cyclamen share space with Orchids

You probably have been a bit surprised at the number of 'blogs' that I have written this week. I have been so neglectful of this blog, and I wanted to share some goodies before I step away for a while. I am going to warm my bones a bit, with sweet hubby. We hope to hit Starbucks a few times a week, where I can upload some photos and share sketches or plants with you.

I will add some more artwork tomorrow.....

No comments: