Thursday, December 9, 2010

A Bit of This and That

I can't quite focus in on the holidays here. Hanukkah came a bit too early for me this year, and there isn't any snow.... in fact, the temperatures are way above normal (let's say, in the 50's and 60's here).... though, I think I have been eating a few too many of the Hershey's Candy Cane kisses (not for the faint of heart). I can always get into celebrating with sweets.

So, my mind is meandering a bit.....

This morning, I walked around the upstairs with my camera in hand. I thought that you might enjoy seeing what is on my book shelves, for starters. I have so many books. Piles and piles of them...so, I am showing you a little sliver of what is on the shelf. In between the books are my white notebooks, from classes at the Denver Botanic Gardens Illustration Program. They are filled to the brim with ideas and work done for every class. They are also scattered betwixt and between all my other books.




My interests are varied....from Children's books
to Nature journaling.
If you look closely, you will see the "Dick Blick" catalog
tucked in there....for those 'wish lists' of art supplies.



The bird books came from my Mother-in-law.
I treasure them.
The sunflowers were stolen from a field,
by a friend, while the rest
of my Art group cheered her on from the car.
We kept the motor running for a fast getaway.

Why do I have the Sunflowers
(instead of my brave friend?)
Well, because,
I am suppose to be drawing them.
(January, perhaps??)



I have gone back to the drawing board
(in colored pencil)
to work on the Fairy Slipper.
This drawing is only about three inches tall.




And Last but not least, I have put my favorite
friend, Chauncey, in the living room with
a few other pieces, to decorate for Christmas.
We do more of a secular holiday theme, as
we celebrate the season. The bowl will be
filled with pine cones and greens.

So, I better get back to business and finish decorating the house..... but I will be back to share more tidbits of my scattered 'Holiday' mind. Wishing you the best this week!

No comments: