Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Celebrating Fall Colors

I know that I will not be at the computer for awhile, so I am loading you up with different colors of Fall, in hopes that by the time I get back to blogging, it will be a new season to celebrate.

I have painted or penciled about three of the Spotted Coralroot..... and this last one is in watercolor. My client really wanted a watercolor, so I went ahead and did one more. It is not finished, but I am growing a bit weary of doing it, so I probably will not show this one again. I can only work for a few hours on some of these projects, as the light in the studio at this time of year, begins to toy with my color. Things happen that I don't always like. I will work some more on this, with a mid-December 'finish' date, for my client.



Spotted Coralroot

Our back yard gives us quite a work out in the Fall..... as you can see below, the leaves don't drop until mid-November, and then they all plunge in one big 'swoosh'. I always hope the wind will carry them away, but we haven't had that kind of luck with our leaves.... so it's raking and bagging most of them. This would be so much fun if we had little ones to jump in the piles. It's not so much fun for two"oldies but goodies" to do it. However, the fresh air and a sunny day can make all the difference, when it comes to raking.



...and this is only half of the leaves that fall...


Next up, a small project for the next season. I have started the "Paper whites" (Narcissus) in a bowl, so that they will be blooming in time for the Christmas/Hanukkah Holiday Season. The roots have really taken off and I expect that it won't belong before that wonderful scent fills the air in the house.


A wee bit of a head start on the next season
while celebrating the Fall.

And last, but not least, I wanted to wish all of you an early "Happy Thanksgiving" from my house to yours. If you are traveling, be safe. If you are with family.....Celebrate. If you don't have family nearby, or you can't celebrate with them..... find someone to share the day with.

I think I love Thanksgiving so much because it is about what we can give to others and the sharing of gratitude for what ever blessings we do have. Plus, I do love the warm colors of Fall. It's Natures last "Grand Hurrah" before Winter sets in.

Best Wishes from our house to yours....






No comments: