Monday, November 1, 2010

At work on the Bromeliad

My euphoria is abating..... well, just a little bit. (Thanks, Mervi for your comment!). I thought that I would just pop back to work and get a lot done last week, but actually, there were many things to do to tie up the wedding celebration. Also, I was writing on my table tops, through the dust, which reminded me that houses do NOT clean themselves.

However, towards the end of the week, I was finally able to sit down and paint. I have quite a way to go on this piece, but I am laying down the washes and getting form and color show. It is not an easy thing for me..... I need to put down darker washes, earlier in the painting. Instead, I seem to paint with trepidation ....layering in light glazes.... I must get bold and brave with my paint.

This week, I promise..... more than one post. Again, thank you for the patience.


Bromeliad

No comments: