Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Sketching again

I finished a big project yesterday, and delivered it today. Whew.... wonderful to complete it, and wonderful to have it delivered. Client was happy which makes me happy. The business of Art is much harder for me than the Art, itself. The business encumbers me and is so "un-fun"..... must figure that part out, in order to enjoy the Art process.

I much prefer to create something, and then put it on the market, much like a "Spec" home. It's much harder to try to create from a Client's vision. I continually want to please them, and often that takes away from the painting itself.

So.... back to the drawing board.....sketching again. Several weeks ago, my friend in my art group, brought several varieties of Oak leaves along with acorns.... a delight to draw this time of year. Hopefully, I will have more to share in the upcoming weeks.

Thanks for your patience with my sporadic posts.


Sketching again..... feels good!


Barely there, but a start.....
will keep you posted on this one.


1 comment:

Deb's mind said...

Hi Cynthia,

Your drawings are stunning. Thanks for commenting on my blog. I had the Botanic Gardens on the list but we just ran out of time. That is one of the many reasons I can't wait to see Colorado again.