Monday, July 12, 2010

Pencil post.....

I have been sketching with my Friday Art Group. I can easily take my pencils with me, my corn, and my sketchbook. I eventually hope to complete the sketch (below) and then do a watercolor or colored pencil drawing of it.

I am involved in very time consuming things right now. This drawing is taking a bit longer than expected it to .... but I am enjoying the process. The Coral root Orchid is also taking a lot more time than I expected..... and I will share that one tomorrow. Just know that I am busy working and enjoying the summer, while it is here.


Hybrid corn in graphite


A note about the Summer. We have had wild storms in the late afternoon, Micro bursts, and rather crazy Colorado weather. When I get up in the morning, I get out doors and enjoy the sunshine, because the clouds seem to roll in around early afternoon and then the rains come to cool everything off. Honestly, I keep saying it, but it's sort of a perfect summer. I hope it continues like this until November (Ha, Ha, Ha.....probably be snowing by then).

So, get off your computer and get outside today...... even if it is only for 15 minutes. Go....smell the roses!

No comments: