Tuesday, July 6, 2010

last of the Red, White & Blue

July 4th..... Our country's birthday..... sporting Red, White & Blue.....
It signifies so much to us.....deep feelings that we wear in our hearts.and on our sleeves. America is hardly a perfect country.... but it is a proud country. I love this weekend and enjoy all that it has to share in the mid-summer. It usually marks a passing for me..... that summer is in full swing, the flowers are in their prime and the cotton is flying from our dear old Cottonwood tree.

I decided to take a meander around the yard and see what was blooming (besides the weeds, which always seem to be in their prime!). I found my red and white in the Geraniums, potted on our front stoop. The blue came from our next door neighbor. They had a rose garden that was pristine but not very interesting..... so they threw in wild flower seeds between the roses and "Kapowie"..... did they ever get a bumper crop (which I will share tomorrow).


The Red......


The White......


And the Blue.......


So, Enjoy the colors of the Red, White & Blue...... as I get caught up in the studio. I will have more to share at the end of the week. And.... remember ....... Bastille Day is only eight days away....Viva la France!!!

No comments: