Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Quick painting....

I decided to pick up the paint brush last week and whip out a painting, free hand. I didn't stop to sketch, or compose it...... just took my water color pencils to outline, and dipped right in. It's not great, by any standard, but it was fresh and fast and that is what I needed to do.

I am presently working on a fuchsia in colored pencil. I manage to get the details with pencil and I took the time to sketch. We shall see. I may also try it in watercolor, since I have the cartoon prepared.


Tulips from the front yard

We are back to gray skies and a bit of rain until Thursday or Friday. Except for the short bout of hail last night, the moisture will be good for all of the plantings.


2 comments:

spb said...

That water color sketch was incredibly pretty!! I have water color pencils gathering dust here... just might see what I can do with them now that I see what is possible!!

JESSON and REY ANN said...

Nice post i like it, keep blogging and If you want too, kindly and please visit my blog http://jabrasr.blogspot.com/ thank you in advance.

I would like also to share this to your reader,... The Succes and Opportunity Family:

The father of succes is WORK,
The mother of succes is AMBITION,
The oldest son of succes is COMMON SENSE
Some of the other sons of success are PERSEVERENCE, HONESTY, THOROUGHNESS, FORESIGHT, ENTHUSIASM, and COOPERATION;
The oldest daughter of succes is CHARACTER,
Some sisters of success are CHEERFULNESS, LOYALTY, CARE, ECONOMY, and SINCERITY,
The baby is OPPORTUNITY.