Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Nesting season......

We are following several nests this Spring (if you can call it that..... we are expecting snow tomorrow!). I love the Robin, who is hanging in there between our lights on the back of the house. These lights come on automatically....at night.... if there is movement in the yard. I can only imagine how this poor bird is doing? Of course, we have turned them off now, but she was sitting in the nest while we were gone, so I am fairly certain that she had a few 'wake up calls' with bright lights at night..... not so good for nesting. Tonight will be a cold one, but she is pretty snug. I will keep you posted. This is when I love the telephoto lens....so I do not disturb her when I am taking photos.


I especially love this nest......
hmmm (another painting perhaps??)






We also hiked over to the golf course and checked out the Red Tailed Hawk Mama....on Mother's Day. She was happily ensconced in her abode in the clouds. Luckily, it was a lovely day and we could take some great photos. She had her eyes peeled on us for most of our photo op..... I did NOT want to be 'lunch'......but Papa was no where to be seen that day.

The size of this nest amazes me.....
it is definitely larger than last year.


The nest is about 50-60 feet above the ground.
I hope this gives you a better idea of it's size.


There is turbulent weather in many areas of the United States right now. I hope that many of you are safe from harm. For those of you who are in Colorado... and are getting a bit discouraged with this endless Winter...... hang in there...... Summer has to come to us as some point. My fingers are itching to get into the potting soil..... but not until the weather improves.

Off to clean up my studio.

2 comments:

Mike said...

Your blog has been recommended to us as a interviewee's favorite blog!

We would like to do an interview with you about your blog for Blog
Interviewer. We'd
like to give you the opportunity to
give us some insight on the "person behind the blog."

It would just take a few minutes of your time. The interview form can
be submitted online here Submit your
interview
.

Best regards,

Mike Thomas

Cynthia's Botanical Arts said...

Mike, try as I might.... I kept getting an "error" message, when I went to submit my interview. Thanks for thinking of me. If you would like to drop a line at: Cynthiasbotanicalarts@gmail.com , I might have a better chance of responding. C.