Monday, April 5, 2010

Spring Crocus

I started working on this before I took my workshop..... so you will be able to see the difference in the after. Some of it is a natural progression of putting on more layers of colored pencil, but I noticed that when I darkened an area first (using a prismacolor pencil- med. french gray), the browns of the french gray sort of deadened the subsequent flowers. Well, it's in the details, and the learning experience.... but I must learn to experiment before I put down the colors... so that I know what I am getting as a finished piece.

It's still not quite done, but I did want to share it with you. Now the Daffy - dilly's are up and though they have been blown around all weekend with the blustery 'march' winds (didn't anyone send the memo that it's April??), they are hanging in there. Maybe I will get to them next.


An early start to the crocus


I am putting two of these on the blog today.
just cropping in different places.



A bit more of the entire piece showing.
The last crocus on the left awaits completion.