Monday, March 29, 2010

Weather Report....last week- traveling....

The snow has left us..... but I wanted to share my 'last week' with you.
I loved the workshop.... FANTASTIC!! What I learned in five short days, will take me to a place that I want to be as an artist. It's going to take lots of work, but a light bulb went on and it will not be diminished! Ann Swan is an amazing artist, but she is an amazing teacher, as well.

However, joyful as the art experience was, I must admit, that driving to and fro on the highways and byways of Colorado, in March, is not for the feint of heart. I mean, the weather went from clear... to torrential rains..... to a HUGE dump of snow, which my little car would never have managed (had to borrow my husband's car)..... back to clear. I love Colorado, but honestly, I was exhausted by the end of the week. I want to HONOR those of you, who make a commute every day. It was exhausting, for sure... and not at all fun. But... here are some fun shots of the crazy weather. Tomorrow, I will share more art work.... and learning.

Remember the pine cone that I did?...
Well this one would be so much fun to do, as well.
I loved the snowy look!



This was my 'artsy' shot....looking out of my studio.



I literally stopped traffic to take this photo (what traffic you say??)
Actually, the lack of traffic made the commute a lot easier
(Heck, everyone else was smart enough to take a 'snow day' and stay home!)


Whew, I made it to the gardens....
totally covered in 10 inches of the heavy. wet, snow

No comments: