Thursday, February 18, 2010

Pencil me in.....

This week has resulted in a major headache.... a side effect of drawing in detail. While I love the details, they manage to mangle my neck muscles and my eyes end up crossing at some point.

I thought that you might enjoy seeing the detail of this small piece. I spent most of yesterday, working on the leaves, which I felt, needed much work. Getting the light source correct on the 'hips' also took a bit of time. In the end, I am pleased...and will frame this work. finally.


close up of the 'hips'


A little peek at the leaves...dried on the stem


The completed Rose Hip graphite drawing

So, that is my week in review. A lot of work... Large and small.

I hope that your weekend is a good one. We continue to stay cold but the snow comes and goes. I will be hopelessly hooked on the Olympics, with a few breaks to get out into the world.

Peace be with you.... where ever you are.





1 comment:

Jannie Funster said...

THAT is so beautiful! You are truly talented. You should be pleased with it, more than frame-worthy indeed!

Sorry 'bout your headache, hope you are feeling better. I get bad headaches once in a while and they are NO fun.

Peace to you too!