Friday, February 5, 2010

First sign of Spring???? Can it be??

Wow, I went out for a walk today...brrrr.... chilly, but sunny and the weekend is expected to be cold and dreary, so I didn't want to miss the chance. Actually, sweet hubby, mentioned that I could use some Vitamin D, AND some exercise!! Hint, hint... am I becoming a slug this winter?

So, off we went.... walking briskly to stay warm, but enjoying the sun, immensely. Upon returning home, I took a peek into the garden and guess what was peeking back??? OH JOY!!
Could it be the first signs of the crocus? I dare hope for such. It made me breathe a sigh of happiness to know that the crocus may stay tucked into the leaves for a bit, but they are coming. Yes, they are.



The beginning of our crocus.... Oh, Joy!!

And there, tucked into the vines on the house, a Robin's nest, waiting for the birds to arrive. I am curious to know if they will come back and move in... or will it be a new family. I will keep my eyes peeled. The good news is that most of their work is done...... love it!

future home of Mr. & Mrs. Robin and wee babies...can't wait!

So, Winter remains, but Spring is coming.... sometime soon. I am always anxious for it to come faster than it does, but just to know that wonderful miracles are percolating under the ground is so exciting for me. It is truly uplifting.

May your weekend be warm and cozy. For those of you on the East coast, please hunker down and stay warm and out of the way of the blizzard. Keep this thought: Spring IS coming!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.