Wednesday, December 30, 2009
Taking some time out for fun....
Our son and fiance came to visit.... and we enjoyed some fun 'time out' from the tasks of every day. We played a bit of the tourist and headed for Niwot, CO, where the Leanin Tree Museum boasts some of the finest Western art around. The museum is a love note from Ed Trumble, who owns Leanin Tree Cards, also based in Niwot. He has collected pieces for the last "many" years and had created a local gem. We spent quite a bit of time enjoying the sculptures outside, and the artwork inside. This was one of our favorites.
I am going to finish up my list of "Life Lessons" today, so that I can take tomorrow off (Celebrating, you know) and we can all start the New Year with some good thoughts in our heads and hearts. Let's all hope that 2010 brings a decade of peace, renewed prosperity, and kindness (the genuine, deep from the heart kind of kindness) to all.
Happy New Year!
The Last of the LIFE LESSONS:
31. However good or bad a situation is, it will always change.
32. Don't take yourself so seriously .......No one else does.
33. Believe in Miracles.
34. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn't do.
35. Don't audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
36. Growing old beats the alternative - dying young.
37. our children get only one childhood.
38. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back!!
41. ENVY is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
42. The best is yet to come.
43. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
45. Life isn't tied with a bow, but it is still a gift.
And that's it.... a compilation of great thoughts - that is possible within each of us. I am going to try to make 2010, the best year ever....inside and out.