Friday, October 2, 2009

Art i chokes....

First of all, it's been a dizzying week of running about, but I did get my cards printed up and will now put them together, for sale. I hope to get an "etsy" account and start selling them on line soon. I will definitely try to make them affordable.... so everyone can share an inexpensive piece of art work... I will share more about this next week.

Today, my friend arrived at our Art Group with these.... beautiful "Art I Chokes"..... I hope that I captured the color...as they were just beautiful. Oh, how I would love to paint these.... but I took photos for her, instead, and I am sharing those photos with you today. The Artichoke plant takes up so much space.... but boy does it deliver. Of course, I would have eaten it, dripping in butter and lemon juice..... but painting it sounds like a lot of fun, too.

I finished my painting.... did a miniature drawing..... ran around getting my cards printed (checking proofs...picking paper...etc).... and started a Turks Turban yesterday afternoon. I did get lots accomplished, while reading a book that I could NOT put down.

If you love to get into a great read..... please read "The Help" (and, NO it is not a Beatles book).
Kathryn Stockett has done an amazing job on her first book. It is written about the early 60's in Jackson, Mississippi....from the point of view of The Help. It is a touching, emotional, and enlightened book. It is just one of the best 'reads' that I have had in a long time. It kept me up late every night... and managed to grab my attention during every spare minute of each day.

Next week, I hope to be back on track.... with photos of work, and my garden bounty. (wait til you see all of the punkins and gourds.... Yahoo!). Enjoy your weekend.


there were three plants - in each stage
This was the eldest..... going to seed... just a bit
(sounds like me.... looks like my hair... )

Another photo of the 'blue haired wonder"


The young 'whippersnapper' struts it's stuff

No comments: