Sunday, August 16, 2009

Santorini - my favorite flavor of Greece

I am going to let the photos speak for themselves..... and I will add a second posting of photos, because this is my favorite place - and it was a photographer's dream. Santorini is know for it's sunsets, but we were there in the morning. We were enchanted by this island on a Sunny, very hot Sunday morning..... so I can only imagine how wonderful it would be to sit and enjoy a sunset in one of the many cliff side restaurants. As you enter the harbor, the boats dock, but to see the city, you must take a gondola up the mountain (or you can have a donkey take you up and down). We chose the gondola.... as we didn't want to waste a minute. Oh, and by the way, shopping was pretty amazing here (expensive, yes.... but amazing!). Jewelry is one of the things that people like to buy in Greece and the creativity and design is amazing.... fun window shopping.

Here is the harbor, where we docked.


Here is the view at the top, when you get off the gondola


This one is for my kids.... all musical geniuses!


This is one of my 'artsy fartsy' shots.... but honestly, it was too beautiful!!

No comments: