Sunday, August 23, 2009

A boat trip on the Bosporus

Before we packed up and got ready to leave, we took a late afternoon sightseeing boat trip. We went down the Bosporus with Europe on one side and Asia on the other. It was a beautiful way to close out a hectic day of sightseeing, and a fun way to look at the city without fighting lots of crowds. I will also throw in some extra photos of the city with comments.

Again, I am so grateful that we could have this experience. My hope is that we can go back, but if we don't, then I am filled with beautiful memories of a lively culture, wonderful people, and friends made on the trip. Thanks for your patience with view this.... as there has been very little botanical art for you to see. I do hope that you have enjoyed sharing this journey with me, and I hope that you come back to see the work that usually fills my days.

A castle stands behind a traditional seaside villa


The very wealthy can enjoy a private
sea side villa within the city of
Istanbul (the best of both worlds)


Mosques along the river, make 'call to prayer'
easy for many residents


A beautiful Mosque surrounded by Crape Myrtle trees.


I forgot to show the Turkish Flag

I will just keep adding photos.....

No comments: