Thursday, July 16, 2009

A Working kind of Summer


"Nothing feeds the center of a being so much as creative work.
The curtain of mechanization has come down between the mind and the hand"
- Anne Morrow Lindbergh -

slowly the work continues on my thistle.....



...While other works wait for my hand....



Most of my cards sold at the Nursery...just a few left.....more to create....


I have enjoyed this summer.... working steadily almost every day. With my classes at the Denver Botanic Gardens completed and none on the schedule for the summer, I have had a bit more freedom this year. It is a good thing for me.

I just picked up my work from being on display for four months (alas, nothing sold....but I am getting it out there!). Last week, I got back the few cards that didn't sell at the Nursery.... with hopes of making more for future seasons.

There seems to be a pause in the pace of the Summer.... a natural break that calls for time out from the workaday world. Tomorrow, will be my last blog for several weeks. Yes, I am taking a break. Part of me needs to force my "being" away from the computer too. It seems that I enjoy this as much or more than all of you out there.... I find myself thinking of all that I want to share with you each day. So, if I pause, the mechanism of my art will rest for a bit and there may be a fresh spirit that comes back...with the creative juices flowing...

I will post another blog tomorrow - sharing the back yard with you now that the "Cotton" from the Cottonwood tree is done dropping all over the flowers and then I won't be back for a bit. So, give me a few weeks.... and find a restful spot, in the shade of a tree... with some lemonade...and enjoy this amazing gift that we call "Summer".

No comments: