Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Working Hard.....

continuing to work on my thistle....


I have been plugging away at my thistle - some parts I like better than others, but getting a 'comment' on occasion, encourages me to continue to work away. I love the details of a thistle....

...And with humor, I can see the mistakes and work that needs to be done, when I blow it up and pop it on the blog. Also, I forgot to print it in the large size, so you may need to double click on it to look at it up close and personal.

I am thinking about making cards (for sale) for all seasons. I made a few for a local nursery this Spring, and it was fun to get the art work out there, in a small format. Now, I am contemplating "Fall" cards.... and possible "Winter Season" cards. I better get busy and get to work, or there won't be any cards.

I heard this week a tidbit about thistle. If the flower is fresh and you pick the center (purple area) it is said to be very sweet and lovely to eat. Now, I know that thistle is considered a 'weed' but I love knowing that it might be sweet.... inside and out. Seriously, though, you might want to check that information before you actually decide to EAT a thistle.... and watch out for the prickles!!

Thanks for your comments! They really do encourage me a lot!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The thistles look great. I can't see the mistakes you're talking about. I don't know why I always like the weeds the best, but you always do such a nice job with them. Thanks for sharing your work and for always having something positve to say in your blog.

Anitra