Monday, June 29, 2009

What I am up to today....

Working away in the studio

Yes, another "Thistle".....just love this plant!

So, this weekend, we had planned a hike, but after a long week, we decided to take a walk instead on a local trail. Of course, there was 'thistle' all over.... much had been sprayed and was dying, but there was a little bit of it to be found. You will no doubt laugh, but I had taken my leather gloves and gardening shears with me "just in case....." and they were put to good use.

Back in the studio, I took photos, and then got to work on my drawing. This is a time when I just dug in and started drawing.... no preliminaries. So, I have one thistle down and two to go, in my drawing. I will keep you posted.

I am still working on a watercolor (yellow iris) and colored pencil (Japanese Iris). I have also talked to my son, about helping me set up a PayPal account, so that you can buy my work directly from this blog. He comes in August, and I hope to have some stuff done by then and prices that will be affordable (most likely, I will not frame them.... then you can decide how much you wish to invest in that part of the process).

Let me know what you think???


1 comment:

charkstudios said...

I love Thistles because of some Scottish heritage. Your work is amazing!