Monday, June 8, 2009

Nesting instincts....

Robin hanging out above the nest

Nest ready and waiting......

Last year we had a Robin family nesting in the ivy.  Sadly, the eggs were stolen and no babies came.  However, another (or the same??) Robin came back again this year.... rebuilt the nest, and is, at present, sitting on her eggs.  I will try to get some photos of her, but with the weather (we have been having wind, rain, tornado warnings) and working in the yard, we have made her skittish enough... don't want to add telephoto lens clicking to the list of agitations.  

I will let you know what happens.   

If any of you have followed the blog for awhile, you know that we had a red tailed Hawk family nesting on the golf course last summer.  We have not seen them this Spring, and thought that they might have moved on.   However, recently we have heard their 'voices' flying over, and yesterday, my husband saw a Hawk, flying low, while all of the birds scattered far and wide in his path.  So, they are near, and I will keep looking for them.  

My camera is at the shop, being cleaned and cared for.  It was acting a bit funny, so it needed a bit of TLC.   I am sharing some photos from my 'point & shoot' for the week.  Hope you don't mind.

No comments: