Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Japanese Iris

A very old painting, which I plan to rework

Gosh,  all I can say is that the weather here has been most unusual this Spring.  I am NOT calling it Summer, because, it has not gotten out of the 70's for a month.  Seriously, this is Colorado, land of sunshine, blue skies, and fluffy ("Georgia O'Keeffe") clouds.   It is not usually slate gray for weeks on end, with bursts of wind, rain, and fog.   It has been a long stretch of this.... with some sun sneaking around a cloud on occasion.... not enough occasions for me.

Okay, I am just a bit crabby about the weather.  I love summer...the warmth, the sunshine, (yes, I am repeating myself!!)...and being outside.  I am not used to wearing all weather gear - just in case.  Okay, sorry about that... just got away from me...all those crabby words.

I am deciding that I want to repaint the Japanese Iris, above.  I plan to use the basic structure, but move things about and see where it takes me.  I have been doing that on several pieces, with varying results.  Since the Iris are out right now, it's a good time to re-evaluate and re-draw.

No comments: