Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Tulips in the studio...

Watercolor on bristol paper

It's always a big "Oops", when you start a drawing with water color pencils, and then move to a water color wash.... on Bristol paper.   I was at my Art group on Friday... grabbing these tulips from the garden before I left.... and I had my journaling stuff with me (colored pencils, pencils, and watercolor pencils).   I brought Bristol paper, thinking that I would just sketch some details of the flowers.... but decided to continue in watercolor, once I got home.   Well, I like what I did, but the paper is all warped now.  Oh well, sometimes you just have to get something down on paper.... enjoy it... and stop worrying about "selling".   It felt good to draw and paint, since it has been a while.   
Other things seem to be tugging at my heartstrings right now...... friends in need, new baby's, weddings, funerals..... so I am cooking, baking, packaging things, and making cards.... which fills the moments in my day.  Hopefully, life will calm down soon, and I can get back to work.

No comments: