Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Assorted Interests.....

Vienna Teng's new Album!

One can not live on botanical art, alone.... it must be accompanied by music.  On Sunday evening, we went to E-Town in Boulder, Colorado.  It is a radio program which features wonderful Eco-minded musicians.  Check out their website: www.etown.org.
We were lucky to hear several musicians that night, but the stand out was Vienna Tang  http://viennatang.com

We bought her album and have been listening to it ever since we heard her.  If you are hankering to hear a new sound, check out her "My space" where you can listen to her latest songs.  She is a breath of fresh air.  Love her music!!


The other good news!

Of course, while I was gone, my favorite orchid bloomed.  It is in a terrarium, because it is so dry in Colorado, which gives these photos an odd look, but it IS blooming, which is rare and wonderful for me.  Yes, I know.... I should be sketching it, instead of hanging out here on the blog... but I did want to share it with you.

A better look at 'my lovely orchid'


Today is lovely.... in the 70's and sunny.   I was able to hold a sweet new baby today - What  a miracle, and a lovely one at that.  It just 'made my day'!!   Hope you are getting a few special moments this week, with nice weather and some good news (no matter how small!!)

No comments: