Monday, December 29, 2008

Blumenschein Exhibit in Denver

A painting by Ernest L. Blumenschein, now on exhibit  at the Denver Art Museum

Several museums have coordinated this wonderful exhibit of a man who is considered to be the founder of the Taos Society of Artists.   The exhibit will be in Denver until February 8, 2009.  

One of the very special things that our family wanted to do together was to head to the Denver Art museum on Sunday.  What a delight to find that there were two special exhibits.
Our son & fiance fell in love with the exhibit of Daniel Richter, a German painter of extraordinary talent, who paints the contemporary world with great flair.  Actually, I fell in love with his work, as well.

However, we also went to the new exhibit "In Contemporary Rhythm", the art of Ernest L. Blumenschein, which rocked my soul.  He captures the true essence of the Southwestern United States.... land and culture.  What a surprise for me... as, embarrassingly, I was not familiar with his work.  

Well, needless to say, I am going back... I need much more time to view his collection.  

The Denver Art museum; Albuquerque Museum of Art & History; and the Phoenix Art Museum all have contributed works and insight.  It has also been funded by the National Endowment for the Arts; the Albuquerque Museum Foundation, The Henry Luce Foundation, & the Western Art associates of the Phoenix Art Museum.  Wells Fargo, Adolph Coors, and SCFD have also contributed on a local level.  I say all of this, because it takes so many dollars and hard work to bring an exhibit to life.  I so appreciate all of the efforts behind such a 'treat'.

I hope that we can keep funding the Arts in America.    So, if you are in the area, GO & SEE:
"In Contemporary Rhythm - the Art of Ernest L. Blumenschein" and the contemporary exhibit of Daniel Richter's works.  Let me know what you think!

1 comment:

Polycarps 863 said...

His work has a soul, Thomas Kincade should take lessons from him!!!! Thanks for sharing the arts with me mom!