Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Back to work

working on a rose in a warm studio

The weather has popped back into the 50's - which warms up the studio quickly.  Last night, the winds were roaring with 50-60 mile per hour gusts.  I really do not like it, but this morning, it has calmed down and the sun is shining.  I popped into the studio and the light was perfect.  I worked for about an hour on this piece.  It's good for me to photograph it, as I see all sorts of places that need work - that's a good thing!

The kids have left  :(
That always leaves me a bit sad and empty.
But we had a grand visit and it was filled with fun, so no complaints, for sure!

I am anticipating the New Year, New President, New Goals, and new hopes for happiness and good health to so many friends and family that have had real struggles this year.  I had a good year, with reasonable health, and goals met, along with the financial setback that most everyone has had.  However, in retrospect, that loss of dollars, helped me to focus on what really matters - family & friends.  I plan to make the most of that in the coming year.

No comments: