Monday, October 6, 2008

Graduation at the Botanical Gardens....














We spent a lovely afternoon at the Botanical Gardens, yesterday.  The "official" graduation ceremony was a combination of Art Show, Raffle, Silent Auction to benefit the program, and graduation of sixteen students.   I am glad that I went and celebrated this passage of a passion.
So, now I am officially a Botanical Illustrator.... though, as most students agreed, it is just the start of our learning process.   I hope to continue taking some classes (the discipline and increased knowledge is always a help to my work), as well as, continue working on something that I truly love to do.

And.... I love a celebration.... any celebration... which confirms that we can live and enjoy each day, regardless of external chaos in the world.  Maybe, we all just need some more calm... beauty, and appreciation  to move forward.

No comments: